Spinach Chicken Frittata Recipe
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken, optional
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the red pepper and onion in oil until tender. In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk. Stir in the chicken if desired, 1/2 cup spinach, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, salt and pepper (save remaining spinach for another use). Add to the skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat for 7-10 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 207 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 175 mg cholesterol, 486 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.