Spinach Chicken Frittata
"When we were growing up, spinach was one of the only vegetables my brothers and I enjoyed," recalls Paula Tuduri, Bozeman, Montana. "So our mom found all kinds of ways to include it in meals. This dish is one of my favorites. Be creative," she suggests. "Feel free to vary the vegetables, cheeses and meat to suit your tastes and budget."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken, optional
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute the red pepper and onion in oil until
- tender. In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk. Stir in the chicken if
- desired, 1/2 cup spinach, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, salt and
- pepper (save remaining spinach for another use). Add to the skillet.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 7-10 minutes or until a knife
- inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 207 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 175 mg cholesterol, 486 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.