Spinach Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; cook and stir chicken and onion over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove from the heat; stir in spinach.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, sour cream and seasonings. Stir 3/4 cup soup mixture into chicken mixture. Place filling down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place, seam side down, in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Pour the remaining soup mixture over enchiladas.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese; bake 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with skim milk and low-fat soup, sour cream and cheese) equals 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat; also, 295 calories, 496 mg sodium, 58 mg cholesterol, 22 gm carbohydrate, 29 gm protein, 11 gm fat.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.