Spinach Cheese Triangles Recipe
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in spinach; cook over medium-low heat just until spinach is wilted. Transfer to a large bowl; add the cheeses, eggs, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface with a long side facing you. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.) Spray sheet with butter-flavored spray; cut into four 9-in. x 3-1/2-in. strips.
- Place 1 tablespoon filling on lower corner of each strip. Fold dough over filling, forming a triangle. Fold triangle up, then fold triangle over, forming another triangle. Continue folding, like a flag, until you come to the end of the strip.
- Spritz end of dough with spray and press onto triangle to seal. Turn triangle and spritz top with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining phyllo and filling.
- Place triangles on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 dozen.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Spinach Cheese Triangles
Sort By :
I made these and they turned out great! Definitely a hit at the party I took them to.
Easy Spanikopita-Spinach Pie.