Spinach Cheese Tortellini Recipe
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add the spinach and tomato; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Drain tortellini; add to skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 378 calories, 27 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 674 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.