Spinach Cheese Tortellini Recipe
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add the spinach and tomato; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Drain tortellini; add to skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 378 calories, 27g fat (16g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 674mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Spinach Cheese Tortellini
"I have made this recipe over and over again. My family LOVES it. There are never leftovers!"
"We loved this recipe! Made these changes: Used a bag of baby spinach, which I steamed first. 1/2 large onion added with the mushrooms being sauteed. A dash of red chili flakes, gave it a little punch. So good!"
"needs a little bit more flavor. A little more garlic or something."