In Greenbrier, Arkansas, Jamie Staggs whips up this creamy pasta dish for potlucks. "It's a hit at every gathering," she says. "I serve it from the slow cooker to keep it warm."
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add the spinach and tomato; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Drain tortellini; add to skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Cheese Tortellini in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p59
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spinach Cheese Tortellini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review