Spinach Cheese Swirls Recipe
My family loves dividing up this super-easy sandwich that's brimming with great spinach and onion flavor. Refrigerated pizza dough shaves minutes off prep time and creates a golden brown crust. The cheesy slices taste terrific warm or cold, so they're great for lunches, picnics or trips. —Mary Nichols Denver, New Hampshire
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, roll pizza dough into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cheese, onion and garlic; spoon over dough to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; tucks ends under and pinch seam to seal.
- 2. Place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 25-27 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into slices. Yield: 4 servings.
2 slices equals 379 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 738 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC