- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pizza dough into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cheese, onion and garlic; spoon over dough to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; tucks ends under and pinch seam to seal.
- Place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 25-27 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Spinach Cheese Swirls
"This is just a Basic Italian Recipe Passed Down Through Centuries in ITALY ... I was looking for something to help me remember how to Saute the Spinach since my mother is NO LONGER WITH US ... A person needs to know HOW TO COOK to make it ... I saw these reviews and I'm sure they only know how to BURN WATER ... That person Below needs a good lesson in Spinach or Talk to Popeye the Sailor"
"Threw hqlf of this away. We didn't care for it at all. IF I try something like this again, I will try the French bread instead of pizza dough. And, still trying to figure out what spices might make it taste better. I love spinach, love spinach pizza, and was really looking forward to this. We even used spaghetti sauce for dipping. Didn't help."
"I didn't have any frozen spinach, so I used canned (with liquid squeezed out). I also made my own pizza dough. I made half the recipe with spinach and then tried making the other half with pepperoni instead of spinach. I added some Italian seasoning to that one. I really enjoyed both of them."
"I discovered this recipe years ago and it is wonderful. It is always requested at family gatherings. I don't change a thing. We love it."
"This recipe was great the only thing I'll do different next time is add ricotta cheese"