My family loves dividing up this super-easy sandwich that's brimming with great spinach and onion flavor. Refrigerated pizza dough shaves minutes off prep time and creates a golden brown crust. The cheesy slices taste terrific warm or cold, so they're great for lunches, picnics or trips. —Mary Nichols Denver, New Hampshire
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pizza dough into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cheese, onion and garlic; spoon over dough to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; tucks ends under and pinch seam to seal.
- Place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 25-27 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Cheese Swirls in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p31
Reviews for Spinach Cheese Swirls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review