- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and peppers in butter until crisp-tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in spinach and cereal. Spoon into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, bacon, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over cheese. Bake at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Cheese Strata in Country Extra January 2001, p49
Reviews for Spinach Cheese Strata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2009
"I thought this was awful! the wheat chex with milk was like eating mush not to mention very little flavor."