Spinach Cheese Soup
A friend brought a pot of this steaming soup to our home after our first child was born. Three kids later, I'm still getting requests to make it frequently.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 6 cups milk
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded brick or Monterey Jack cheese
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, saute onion and garlic in oil until
- tender. Add broth; bring to a boil. Add linguine and cook for 8-10
- minutes or until tender. Reduce heat. Add spinach and chicken; heat
- through but do not boil. Stir in milk; heat through. Add cheeses and
- stir just until melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 14-16 servings
- (4 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 317 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 589 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.