Spinach Cheese Puffs Recipe
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a saucepan, bring the milk, butter and salt to a boil over medium heat. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until the mixture is smooth and shiny. Stir in spinach and cheese. Line baking sheets with foil and grease the foil. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls 1-1/2 in. apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 23-28 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 169 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 350 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Spinach Cheese Puffs
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.