Spinach Cheese Puffs Recipe
Friends and family request that I make these golden brown puffs every year on Christmas Eve. The tasty little treats are so good, you can't help but pop them in your mouth.
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, bring the milk, butter and salt to a boil over medium heat. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until the mixture is smooth and shiny. Stir in spinach and cheese. Line baking sheets with foil and grease the foil. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls 1-1/2 in. apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 23-28 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Spinach Cheese Puffs in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p22
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spinach Cheese Puffs(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >