- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, bring the milk, butter and salt to a boil over medium heat. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until the mixture is smooth and shiny. Stir in spinach and cheese. Line baking sheets with foil and grease the foil. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls 1-1/2 in. apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 23-28 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Spinach Cheese Puffs in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p22
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spinach Cheese Puffs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2014
Not bad, but if I made them again I would definatly add a shredded or finely chopped onion into the batter