- 24 large fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside. Finely chop the stems. In a skillet, saute the chopped mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the spinach, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, feta cheese, bacon, salt and mushroom mixture. Spoon into mushroom caps. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Spinach-Cheese Mushroom Caps in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p209
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spinach-Cheese Mushroom Caps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 3, 2016
"i used large portabella mushrooms and I was happy with the results."