Spinach Cheese Manicotti Recipe
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 8 manicotti shells, cooked and drained
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1. In a small skillet, saute onion in oil for 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and pepper; beat until smooth. Stir in onion mixture and spinach. Stuff into the manicotti shells.
- 3. Pour half of the spaghetti sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange shells over sauce; top with remaining sauce.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 682 calories, 38 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 1,418 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.