Spinach Cheese Manicotti Recipe
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 4 ounces PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 8 manicotti shells, cooked and drained
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- In a small skillet, saute onion in oil for 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and pepper; beat until smooth. Stir in onion mixture and spinach. Stuff into the manicotti shells.
- Pour half of the spaghetti sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange shells over sauce; top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spinach Cheese Manicotti(3)
Sort By :
Delicious manicotti! I did brown some Italian sausage and add to the sauce, but other than that, followed the recipe exactly. Also, I cut the manicotti open and put the filling in....too time consuming to stuff the uncut tube. I put it seam side down in the pan....no one knows the difference when they put a serving on their plate! I've made a lot of manicotti in my time....none was better than this, so I'll be making it again!
I've made this many times, always got rave reviews. My only trouble is cooking the pasta so it's not chewy, but still holds up when I try to fill it. I've used the recipe for stuffed shells- works just as well.
I followed the recipe exactly as written, other than using fat free cream cheese. It was the most delicious manicotti I have ever eaten anywhere.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Spinach Recipes >