Spinach Cheese Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 carton (15 ounces) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 10 fat-free flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, spinach, corn, 1 cup mozzarella and egg substitute. Spoon about 1/2 cup on each tortilla; roll up tightly. Place, seam side down, in 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, tomato sauce and basil; spoon over tortillas. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining mozzarella cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
One serving equals 334 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 754 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.