- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), shredded
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter; blend in flour until smooth. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes. Gradually stir in cheese until melted. Add spinach, bread crumbs, eggs and seasonings; mix well.
- Spoon into an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Spinach Cheese Bake
Sort By :
"3 cheese creamed spinach"
"I must have missed something on this recipe. Everyone seems to love it, but, we thought it rather bland. I did use fresh spinach, thinking it would have a better taste."
"I used fresh spinach rather than the frozen. It was very tasty and a great way to get people who are not fans of spinach to eat some."
"One of our family favorites. Have made it for years and extended family of all ages loves it. Glad to have it in my collection."
"I have also made this for many years, we all love it, the only change I make is to use 2 frozen packages of spinach instead of 1, and the rest the same. I also put it in a greased baking dish. I plan on making it for xmas, and will make 1 1/2 times the recipe, because it goes so fast. thanks Elaine for the great recipe."