Spinach Cheese Appetizers Recipe
Hosting a get-together is simple when you have these easy hors d'oeuvres stashed in the freezer. Loaded with spinach flavor, the rich squares come from the Sequim, Washington home of Marian Platt.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Pour butter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; tilt to coat. In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder. Whisk eggs and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in spinach and cheese. Pour into prepared dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes; cut into small squares. Serve immediately or transfer to a freezer container. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen appetizers: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Place on baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Spinach Cheese Appetizers in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p61
Reviews for Spinach Cheese Appetizers(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review