"I really enjoy preparing spinach dishes like this one," shares Elaine Anderson of Aliquippa, Pennsylvania. "Perfect for four, the recipe can be doubled to serve larger groups."
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sprinkle bread crumbs evenly into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with 1/2 cup cheese, spinach and red pepper. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Cheddar Squares in Light & Tasty October 2005, p63
Reviews for Spinach Cheddar Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2009
"These spinach squares are always a big hit!"