Spinach Cheddar Bake Recipe
Spinach is one of my favorite foods, so I make this easy recipe often, using frozen or canned spinach. -Julie Dixon, Hazelwood, Missouri
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and undrained
- 1/3 cup crushed saltines (about 6 crackers)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the spinach, saltines, egg, onion powder and salt. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-cup baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 313 calories, 20 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 166 mg cholesterol, 609 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC