Spinach Catfish Skillet
"Nestled in a skillet with colorful nutritious carrots and spinach, this catfish fillet comes out perfectly moist," reports Sharon McComas of Kansas City, Missouri. "This skillet supper is no more trouble than heating a frozen dinnerand it tastes so much better!"
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 10 baby carrots
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 catfish fillet (about 6 ounces)
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- In a large skillet, stir-fry carrots in oil for 1-2 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Add onion; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add catfish;
- cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Add spinach. Sprinkle with
- vinegar and sugar.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with pan juices. Yield: 1 serving.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.