"Nestled in a skillet with colorful nutritious carrots and spinach, this catfish fillet comes out perfectly moist," reports Sharon McComas of Kansas City, Missouri. "This skillet supper is no more trouble than heating a frozen dinner—and it tastes so much better!"
- 10 baby carrots
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 catfish fillet (about 6 ounces)
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- In a large skillet, stir-fry carrots in oil for 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add onion; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add catfish; cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Add spinach. Sprinkle with vinegar and sugar.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with pan juices. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Spinach Catfish Skillet in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p11
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spinach Catfish Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review