Spinach Calzones Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Pizza sauce, warmed, optional
- Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well. In a bowl, combine the spinach, Swiss cheese, ricotta cheese, onion, basil, salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Roll pizza dough into a 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle; cut into six 5-in. squares. Spoon 1/3 cup spinach mixture onto the center of each square; brush edges of dough with water. Fold one corner over filling to the opposite corner, forming a triangle. Using a fork, crimp edges to seal.
- Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Prick tops with a fork. Lightly beat egg white and water; brush over dough. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with pizza sauce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Calzones in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p47
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spinach Calzones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2008
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2008
"It was absolutely delicous. Instantly a family favorite!"