Spinach Brunch Pizza Recipe
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon water
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix and water to form a soft dough. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 7-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven. Reduce heat to 375°.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the spinach, egg substitute, sour cream, cheese, onions and garlic powder. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with bacon. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 each: 365 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 857mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Spinach Brunch Pizza
"You may also use a frozen pie crust, baking it ahead of time, before adding the filling. It will then become a quiche."