Spinach Brunch Pizza Recipe
Whether you serve it for your morning meal or for supper, this flavorful "pie" will fill you up without all the cholesterol. You can make it even healthier by substituting turkey bacon for the bacon. Jessica Salman of Columbus, Ohio shared the recipe.
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon water
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix and water to form a soft dough. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 7-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450° for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven. Reduce heat to 375°.
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach, egg substitute, sour cream, cheese, onions and garlic powder. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with bacon. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Brunch Pizza in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p35
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Spinach Brunch Pizza(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 22, 2009
You may also use a frozen pie crust, baking it ahead of time, before adding the filling. It will then become a quiche.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast for Two >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes for Two >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Italian Breakfast >