Spinach Brunch Pie
You won't believe how easy it is to assemble this egg dish. With tomatoes, eggs and spinach, every bite is colorful and flavorful.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach, vinegar and nutmeg. Spread into
- a greased 9-in. pie plate. In a blender, combine the eggs, cottage
- cheese, sour cream, biscuit mix and butter; cover and process until
- smooth. Pour over spinach mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until almost set.
- Arrange tomato slices over the top; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 5-10 minutes longer or a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand
- for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 294 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 163 mg cholesterol, 455 mg sodium,