VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach, vinegar and nutmeg. Spread into a greased 9-in. pie plate. In a blender, combine the eggs, cottage cheese, sour cream, biscuit mix and butter; cover and process until smooth. Pour over spinach mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until almost set. Arrange tomato slices over the top; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Brunch Pie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p148
Reviews forSpinach Brunch Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 27, 2009
"This recipe looks like it would be delicious. Unfortunately, the final result is bland with an unappealing custard texture. Easter brunch was a disappointment with this one!"