Are you getting a little tired of steamed broccoli? You may want to try this attractive broccoli-spinach combo salad from Edna Hoffman of Hebron, Indiana for a little variation. The dressing is made with avocados, which contain some of the healthier fats recommended in our heart-health article.
Featured In: 30 Salad Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- CUCUMBER AVOCADO DRESSING:
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, broccoli, carrots, water chestnuts and sunflower kernels. In a blender or food processor, combine the dressing ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Serve with salad. Yield: 8 servings (1 cup dressing).
Originally published as Spinach Broccoli Salad in Country Woman January/February 2006, p40
Reviews for Spinach Broccoli Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review