Spinach Blueberry Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 12 cups fresh baby spinach (about 10 ounces)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Mix first four ingredients; gradually whisk in oil until blended. In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients; toss with dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving: 254 calories, 24g fat (5g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 407mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Spinach Blueberry Salad
"I liked the concept but found the dressing way too tart. The berries and pecans, though, were a nice combination."
"This recipe is a keeper! I did use Spring Mix, but other than that, I made the recipe as written. The dressing was very good. The blueberry/blue cheese combo was delicious."
"A very nice salad, but I found the dressing to be a bit too tart for my taste. I would use about half the vinegar the next time."
"I had to adjust the recipe to use what I had on hand: toasted sliced almonds instead of pecans and feta cheese instead of blue cheese; also honey mustard instead of Dijon in the dressing. Both my husband and I thought it was very good and would definitely make again! nice and refreshing."
"This salad is addicting! I had been looking for a recipe like this, and this is a keeper! The flavors blend very well. I used a mix of spinach & spring mix so my kids would eat it, too."
"Excellent in presentation, dressing taste--nice change from strawberries, mandarin oranges."