Spinach Bisque Recipe
When my grandchildren were only 3 years old, they tried this "yummy" soup at a local restaurant and fell in love with it, so I immediately asked for the recipe. They still call it "Yummy Soup".
- 5 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine spinach and cream. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until heated through. Add remaining ingredients. Cook, uncovered, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted and soup is hot. Yield: 14 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 181 calories, 14g fat (10g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 502mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Spinach Bisque
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC