Spinach Berry Salad
My mother shared this recipe with me because of my passion for light dishes. Delicious and colorful, it is as pleasing to the eye as it is to the palate. It wins me compliments whenever I serve it.
—Lisa Lorenzo of Willoughby, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 cups packed torn fresh spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- CURRY SALAD DRESSING:
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the spinach, strawberries,
- blueberries, onion and pecans. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid,
- combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and
- toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 141 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 250 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.