Spinach Berry Salad Recipe
- 4 cups packed torn fresh spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- CURRY SALAD DRESSING:
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large salad bowl, toss together the spinach, strawberries, blueberries, onion and pecans. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 141 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 250 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.