My mother shared this recipe with me because of my passion for light dishes. Delicious and colorful, it is as pleasing to the eye as it is to the palate. It wins me compliments whenever I serve it. —Lisa Lorenzo of Willoughby, Ohio
Recommended: 45 Super Foods for Your Brain
- 4 cups packed torn fresh spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- CURRY SALAD DRESSING:
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the spinach, strawberries, blueberries, onion and pecans. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Berry Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2003, p37
Reviews for Spinach Berry Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2010
"The salad was very good! I thought the dressing was good, maybe a little too much curry powder. My family didn't like the strong taste of the dressing. Good overall!"