- pepper, celery and mushrooms; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add the water
- chestnuts and onions; stir-fry for 2 minutes or until vegetables are
- crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add spinach and beef; cook and
- stir until spinach is wilted and beef is heated through. Serve over
- rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1-1/4 cups stir-fry, calculated without rice) equals 280 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 597 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.