Spinach Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 boneless beef sirloin steak (1 pound), cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place soy sauce in a large resealable plastic bag; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Drain and discard soy sauce.
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, bouillon, five-spice powder and water until smooth; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, sir-fry beef in batches in 1 tablespoon hot oil until beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Stir-fry carrots in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add the green pepper, celery and mushrooms; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add the water chestnuts and onions; stir-fry for 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add spinach and beef; cook and stir until spinach is wilted and beef is heated through. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Spinach Beef Stir-Fry
Sort By :
I left out the carrots and added baby corns instead. One of these days I'll remember I don't like water chestnuts and remember to leave them out. Otherwise good recipe. I suggest if you plan on reheating it at all, undercooking the beef that you plan on reheating. otherwise it gets tough.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >