Spinach Beef Stew Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 pound cubed cooked roast beef
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- Sour cream and grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in vinegar and wine. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is almost evaporated.
- 2. Add the tomato sauce, water, peppers, bay leaves, brown sugar, bouillon and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce the heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 3. Discard bay leaves. Add beef and spinach; cook and stir until heated through and spinach is wilted. Serve with sour cream and Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/3 cups: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Spinach Beef Stew
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.