Spinach Beef Salad Recipe
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint or 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled and julienned
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook beef and jalapeno over medium heat until beef is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk lime juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, basil, mint and ginger. Place spinach, red pepper and cucumber in a large bowl; add beef mixture. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
2 cups equals 207 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 383 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.