Spinach Beef Salad Recipe
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint or 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled and julienned
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook beef and jalapeno over medium heat until beef is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, whisk lime juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, basil, mint and ginger. Place spinach, red pepper and cucumber in a large bowl; add beef mixture. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spinach Beef Salad(2)
Sort By :
Easy and surprising. I was unsure what to expect but my family said it was a very good change. Quality meat is key; don't skimp. I did double the meat because my men scream for protein.
I added some chopped plum tomatoes to the spinach for some more vegetables!
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Salad Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Salads >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >