- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint or 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled and julienned
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook beef and jalapeno over medium heat until beef is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, whisk lime juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, basil, mint and ginger. Place spinach, red pepper and cucumber in a large bowl; add beef mixture. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Spinach Beef Salad
Sort By :
We really enjoyed this. We love fresh salads and the mix of spices was easy and delicious. we will make it again soon.
Easy and surprising. I was unsure what to expect but my family said it was a very good change. Quality meat is key; don't skimp. I did double the meat because my men scream for protein.
I added some chopped plum tomatoes to the spinach for some more vegetables!