Spinach Beef Macaroni Bake Recipe
- 5-1/4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 large carrots, shredded
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions, carrots and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, salt, garlic powder, pepper and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Drain macaroni; add macaroni and spinach to beef mixture. Pour into two greased 3-qt. baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (12 servings each).
1 serving (1 each) equals 173 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 632 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.