Spinach Beef Biscuit Bake Recipe
My family is from Greece, and I grew up on Greek food like casseroles, so I combined the two in this deliciously different main dish. I've served this to both family and friends, and it's a hit with everyone.
- 2 tubes (6 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Press and flatten biscuits onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; set aside.
- 2. In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 3. In a bowl, beat eggs. Add spinach and mushrooms; mix well. Stir in the cheeses, garlic powder, salt, pepper and beef mixture; mix well. Spoon into prepared crust. Drizzle with butter.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 418 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 164 mg cholesterol, 686 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 34 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC