Spinach Beef Bake Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a skillet, brown beef; drain. Add mushroom, onion, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Add spinach, soup, sour cream and rice; mix well.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until the rice is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 342 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 835mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Spinach Beef Bake
"I didn't think that this was anything special. I did change it up a bit. I used cream of mushroom soup rather than the cream of celery and 3/4 cup of sour cream plus 1/4 cup cream cheese rather than just straight sour cream. I didn't care for the oregano in the recipe. It just didn't taste like it belonged. I won't be making this again."
"This is yummy and easy. Next time I'll add a can of diced tomatoes."
"Dee-lish. My husband just said... "I could eat that whole pot". I substituted also, I had some left over cooked white rice. I think next time I make this I may try swiss cheese... Yum."
"I substituted cream cheese for the sour cream (as I had no sour cream). And it was wonderful!!"
"I made this last night. My husband said it could be a picture in a magazine. He loved it. He said to put it on the requested recipes list."
"This is just like a recipe I have called "Spinach Fandango" a family favorite. I have substituted sausage and it turns out great. Thank you for including this recipe."