Spinach Bean Salad with Maple Dressing Recipe
Warm maple dressing slightly wilts the spinach in this salad, giving it a delightful texture and flavor. Sally writes, “This is quick and easy to make, plus it's healthy and very tasty!” Sally Maloney - Dallas, Georgia
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:11 servings
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. For dressing, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. Place beans in another microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, onions, red pepper, bacon and beans. Microwave the dressing, uncovered, for 30-60 seconds or until heated through. Whisk until smooth; drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 11 servings.
1 cup equals 90 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 272 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC