Warm maple dressing slightly wilts the spinach in this salad, giving it a delightful texture and flavor. Sally writes, “This is quick and easy to make, plus it's healthy and very tasty!” Sally Maloney - Dallas, Georgia
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- For dressing, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. Place beans in another microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, onions, red pepper, bacon and beans. Microwave the dressing, uncovered, for 30-60 seconds or until heated through. Whisk until smooth; drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 11 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Bean Salad with Maple Dressing in Healthy Cooking April/May 2009, p33
Reviews for Spinach Bean Salad with Maple Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review