Spinach-Basil Pesto Recipe
Toss this garlicky, rich pesto with pasta or use as a spread. It also freezes well for fresh flavor over the winter. —Jaye Beeler, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- 6 garlic cloves, halved
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1-1/2 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1. Place garlic in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Add spinach, basil and walnuts. Pulse until chopped. Add cheese, salt and pepper. Continue processing while gradually adding oil in a steady stream. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
2 tablespoons equals 167 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC