- 6 garlic cloves, halved
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1-1/2 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Place garlic in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Add spinach, basil and walnuts. Pulse until chopped. Add cheese, salt and pepper. Continue processing while gradually adding oil in a steady stream.
- Freeze option: Freeze pesto in freezer containers. To use, thaw in refrigerator. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Reviews for Spinach-Basil Pesto
Sort By :
"I love all the ingredients in this recipe, especially spinach in any form! However, the amount of spinach was overwhelming! I made another recipe of 'basil' pesto, mixed it with the spinach one and it was alot better, but still not 'knock your sock off' good."
"Oh my!!! Just processed this, and personally, I LOVE garlic, so added a little more than it called for....this is YUMMY!!!!"
"We love pesto, so I thought it would fun to try one with spinach. I used the pine nuts & tossed it with shrimp & pasta. Yum!"