- 6 garlic cloves, halved
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1-1/2 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Place garlic in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Add spinach, basil and walnuts. Pulse until chopped. Add cheese, salt and pepper. Continue processing while gradually adding oil in a steady stream. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Spinach-Basil Pesto in Taste of Home September/October 2013, p3-7
Reviews for Spinach-Basil Pesto
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2013
Oh my!!! Just processed this, and personally, I LOVE garlic, so added a little more than it called for....this is YUMMY!!!!
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2013
We love pesto, so I thought it would fun to try one with spinach. I used the pine nuts & tossed it with shrimp & pasta. Yum!