Spinach Balls Recipe
"Either as an appetizer or side dish," promises Faye Buffenmeyer of Lebanon, Pennsylvania, "this is delicious!" And, since it can be made ahead, you might think about doubling the recipe and freezing some for unexpected guests.—Faye Buffenmeyer, Lebanon, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
- 2-1/2 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well, squeezing out excess liquid. Combine spinach with remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Shape into 1-in. balls; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until very lightly browned. Balls can be made ahead and refrigerated overnight before baking. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC