Spinach Bake with Sausage
My family wouldn't eat spinach until I found this recipe. Then it became a dish they frequently requested. It's a meal in itself, adds color to any menu and is well received at a potluck gathering.
-Monna McConnell, Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, cook the sausage, onion and celery over medium
- heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Drain;
- remove from the heat.
- Stir in the spinach, egg, crumbs, cheddar cheese and salt. Transfer
- to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan
- cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 374 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 1,056 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 19 g protein.