My family wouldn't eat spinach until I found this recipe. Then it became a dish they frequently requested. It's a meal in itself, adds color to any menu and is well received at a potluck gathering. -Monna McConnell, Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, cook the sausage, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Drain; remove from the heat.
- Stir in the spinach, egg, crumbs, cheddar cheese and salt. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Spinach Bake in Reminisce Extra October 2000, p52
Reviews for Spinach Bake with Sausage
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review