- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions (white part only)
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 3 turkey bacon strips, diced and cooked
- In a small bowl, beat the first six ingredients until blended. Spoon filling into tart shells. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon; bake 2-5 minutes longer or until filling is set and shells are lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Spinach Bacon Tartlets in Healthy Cooking June/July 2008, p49
Reviews for Spinach Bacon Tartlets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2011
Great appetizer with a beer.
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2010
These were delish and the bacon on top evens them out perfectly. I couldn't for the life of me find any phyllo tart shells, so I used a flat phyllo sheet and then cut these into small squares later on.