My cousin introduced my to this sandwich years ago. Not only is it quick and easy, it's a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. Try it at your next potluck and see for yourself.
Recommended: 25 of Our Cheesiest Recipes Ever
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 loaf (1 pound) Italian bread
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute garlic in oil. Add spinach, salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Remove from the heat; cool for 5 minutes. Add bacon and mozzarella; mix well. Slice bread horizontally. Spread about 2-1/4 cups spinach mixture on each half. Sprinkle with Parmesan if desired. Bake at 450° for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Bacon Sandwiches in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p85
Reviews for Spinach Bacon Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review