Spinach Artichoke Spread
"This baked spinach and artichoke blend makes a great appetizer for any occasion," remarks Nancy Farmer of Jordan, Arkansas. Serve it warm from the oven with reduced-fat crackers.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese Spread, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen artichoke hearts, thawed, drained and chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Reduced-fat crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Stir
- in spinach and artichokes. Add the lemon juice, seasoning blend and
- Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at
- 350° for 20-30 minutes or until mixture bubbles around the
- edges. Serve warm with crackers. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: One 1/4-cup serving (calculated without crackers) equals 49 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.