I love pasta and so does my family, however they are not so keen on their veggies. This a one-pot meal that gets us all eating our spinach. —Yvonne Starlin, Hermitage, Tennessee
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat broiler. Prepare rigatoni and spinach according to package
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water; return to pan. Add
- artichoke hearts, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt,
- pepper and creamed spinach; toss to combine, adding some of the
- reserved pasta water to thin, if desired.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. broiler-safe baking dish; sprinkle with
- remaining mozzarella cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from heat 2-3 minutes or
- until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 448 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 1,224 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.