Spinach-Artichoke Rigatoni Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Preheat broiler. Prepare rigatoni and spinach according to package directions.
- 2. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water; return to pan. Add artichoke hearts, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and creamed spinach; toss to combine, adding some of the reserved pasta water to thin, if desired.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. broiler-safe baking dish; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from heat 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 448 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 1224mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein
Reviews for Spinach-Artichoke Rigatoni
"I made this exactly as written (with the one exception of not using the 2 full cups of the mozzarella cheese, I only did a sprinkling of cheese on the top). I used 'Bird's Eye' creamed spinach since it was the only brand I could find. This pasta dish was delicious!! My husband also loved it and mentioned that it tastes just like his favorite Spinach & Artichoke dip. Someone I know mentioned adding pre-cooked chicken strips to it, which I'll try next time! Super fast to make too! Took 20 minutes prep. to table."
"We loved this. Next time I would double the artichokes."
"A very good, easy recipe . Delicious and filling, and a nice change of pace from the traditional red sauce pasta bake. I ended up adding homemade alfredo sauce as well as some leftover roasted chicken. Everyone in my family really enjoyed it!"
"This was okay but seemed to lack flavor. I think next time I will make it with marinated artichoke hearts--maybe that will spice things up? Was definitely easy to prepare."
"It was certainly quick and easy to prepare and tasted good. I would prefer it to have a little more body, something that brings it all together. Kind of simple for my taste."
"I am only giving this 4 stars because I did make some changes to this recipe but will try as written next time. But here were my changes to the recipe which we were found to be quite a good dish as a main or a side: omit one cup of mozzarella and replaced with an italian cheese blend; added 1 tsp garlic powder; and added 2 tbsp of cream cheese. I used green giants creamed spinach. Hope this is helpful. It really was quite good. Didn't need to add salt or pepper to this dish."
"My daughter is a vegetarian and loves this! We are going to be adding it to our regular list of quick dinners. I'll add some minced, browned garlic next time for some extra flavoring."
"I added 1/2 stick of low fat cream cheese. I also felt there wasn't much flavor."
"It was certainly easy to assemble, but I didn't find it had much flavor. I might try using more creamed spinach or try creating a little more creamy sauce."
"I leave out artichokes, adding diced green pepper and celery."